About Fashion Merchandising
In order to show a product to the correct market at the right moment, to execute planned, expert advertising, to use eye-catching displays, etc., is what is meant by fashion merchandising. Within the context of fashion retail, merchandising especially refers to the process of stock planning, administration, and control. The work of fashion merchandisers is carried out all over the world.
This role calls for highly developed quantitative abilities as well as a natural aptitude for seeing patterns, linkages, and connections among common sales and stock information. The visual merchandising team and the fashion merchandising team are two distinct merchandising teams in the fashion business.
Why is Fashion Merchandising important?
Fashion merchandising makes your store's retail area more organized and makes it easier for customers to locate what they're searching for, which enhances their shopping experience. Furthermore, professionally planned displays aid in improving client attraction, engagement, and education.
Who should take the Fashion Merchandising Exam?
- Merchandising Manager
- Assistant Retail Fashion Buyer
- Corporate Retail Merchandiser
- Retail Planner
- Fashion Marketing Manager
- Retail Store Manager
Fashion Merchandising Certification Course Outline
- Introduction to Fashion Merchandising
- Textiles and Color Theory
- History of Fashion and Costume
- Merchandise Planning
- Sustainability in Fashion
- Merchandise Management Strategies
- Fashion Research and Forecasting
- Strategic Fashion Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Global Sourcing and Apparel
- International Retailing
- Global Consumer Culture
- Retail Sales Promotion
- Visual Merchandising
- Consumer Behavior
- Principles of Retailing
- Technology in Fashion and Retailing
- Retail Management